Process of Manufacturing an X-ray Intensifying Sheet
Dr. Romer, Dr. Schubert, Dr. Bier, Dr. Guber
The invention relates to a process of manufacturing an X-ray intensifying sheet, in which
- a dispersion is prepared from a pulverulent luminous substance fluorescing in X-ray light and a polymethyl methacrylate as binder,
- recesses arranged in the manner of a grid in a plastic film are filled with the dispersion and
- the dispersion is cured.
The invention is based on the object of proposing a process, by means of which the recesses in a plastic film can be reliably filled with a high content of luminous substance. By means of the process, X-ray intensifying sheets should be producible, in which the luminous substance is securely fixed and sealed. The object is achieved in such a way that
- the recesses arranged in the manner of a grid in the plastic film are filled with a diluent for the PMMA-containing dispersion,
- the plastic film being exposed to the vapour of the diluent and
- the plastic film being left in the vapour of the diluent for a time sufficient for sedimentation of the luminous substance.